Fundamentals Instruction on mechanics, footwork, technique, balance, coordination and conditioning.
Time spent in a 1 on 1 setting allows for a Mentor/Protégé relationship to develop. These sessions are “Hone Your Craft” type lessons and are a bit slower in pace. Emphasis is more on teaching than repetition. We will focus on promoting your strengths while strengthening your weaknesses by using some of the same drills and techniques the pros use. You will become QB1 by improving your accuracy, footwork, balance & flexibility through a variety of drills. You will be instilled with a sense of timing and will improve your conditioning by practicing real game situations. Start moving the needle forward with your knowledge, awareness and confidence as a quarterback by training with QB1 Sports
Call (318) 730-6958 today to start your path to mastering:
- BALANCE – Maintaining body control from multiple foot platforms.
BASE & LOAD with a RELAXED UPPER BODY during SUDDEN COMPACT MOVEMENTS
- MECHANICS – GRIP, CARRIAGE, POSTURE, SEQUENCING & FOLLOW THROUGH
- RHYTHM & TIMING – How the feet message the brain.
UNDER CENTER & SHOTGUN DROPBACK FOOTWORK:
- Receiving the Snap, 1st Step, 1 & 2 step drops for Quick Game, 3 step drop, double move drops, multiple 5 step drop rhythms, 7 step drop, Hots & Sight Adjusts, Screens
- READ & RECOGNITION: Pure Progressions, Key Reads, Key Progressions, Alerts
- CONFLICT – Ball Security & Spatial Awareness.
Pocket Movement, Escaping the Pocket & Off-Platform Throws
- MOVEMENT – Perimeter Passing
- Under Center: Sprint Out, Play Action Bootlegs, Play Action drop back, Hot Throws
- Shotgun: Sprint Out, Read/Option Pass, Move the Pocket
What to expect:
Each workout will last about 1 hr long. The first 10 minutes is devoted to proper warm-up and stretching. The format and list of scheduled drills for the session will be discussed and explained at this time to the quarterback and parent(s). It is imperative that any and all recent injuries are discussed before the practice starts.
*Each 1-on-1 session the athlete will need:
- Tennis Shoes and Cleats
- Water and/or Sports Drinks
- Football you play with
*Other training aids you can expect to use:
- Medicine balls
- Weighted vest and football
- Resistance bands
- Hurdles and Quick foot ladders
- Jump rope
- Upper body Stretching bar